BEHIND THE SCREEN
In a nutshell – we are a small (ish) online shop, that offer a handpicked selection of Homeware & Decor products, which also make fantastic Gifts!
Our suppliers are all proudly South African small businesses, mostly based in the Western Cape, with a couple spread throughout the rest of SA.
DIRK & MARIAAN TOLKEN
A husband and wife team, located in Bloubergrant, a small Cape Town Suburb overlooking Table Mountain and the West Coast.
While I (Mariaan) run most of the day-to-day tasks, like:
Sourcing our amazing range of products.
Uploading products, blog posts & other content to our website.
Dealing with both suppliers & customers to manage orders.
Managing social media & other marketing channels.
Dirk takes care of the back-end technical stuff of the online shop & website.
But more importantly – is always ready to hand me a glass of wine at the end of those occasional more challenging days… 🍷😍
- Mariaan grew up in a small Bolandse Dorpie called Wellington.
- Dirk grew up in Durbanville, a Northern suburb of Cape Town.
- We are both Afrikaans, but speak English deliciously. 😉
- Mariaan was a MakeUp Artist for 20 years, and now continues to live out her creativity in other ways within That Little Shop.
- Dirk is a water baby, that has braved the freezing cold waters of the West Coast for most of his life to catch that perfect wave on a Longboard or Bodyboard.
- We met & got married quite late in our lives, and while we have been through a challenging journey trying to conceive & carry to term, we have not given up hope that God will still bless us with that little miracle when the time is right. 🙏